Hi everyone! Today I want to share with you, my night time routine, my beauty steps and what I do to have a good night’s sleep. Night routines are very important for the skin and body. Any treatment used will be more effective and deep if performed at night. This is due to skin regeneration, which is faster at night, increasing production of collagen (holds and gives firmness to the skin) and melatonin (slows down the aging process). Equally any cream used will have more effect since our body temperature increases at night and daylight causes the products to have less effect.
- My night routine starts around 7 pm when I prepare my dinner. I always try to dine early and light so I can digest properly. Also, it helps me with nightmares, which I usually have when I eat heavy. I always try to eat food that contains tryptophan (an essential amino acid to produce neurotransmitters involved in sleep), such as bananas, oats, whole wheat bread, among others. Before I go to bed I always like a spoonful of honey bee that helps me sleep super good.
- After my dinner, I boost my digestion with yoga exercises. I also meditate. I like to watch series and movies at night so I take this moment for this.
- After digesting and seeing a few chapters of my favorite series, it’s time to take a shower. I like to go to bed clean and fresh. As I live in a tropical country where the temperatures are hot at all hours, I use cold water. Personally, I love the therapeutic sensation of clean water falling on the skin, as cleaning everything after a long day of stress and pollution. I like to take a shower listening to music so I choose one of my playlist of soft indie.
- I use my Tea Tree Body Wash from The Body Shop. I love this body wash because it cleans my skin very well and helps prevent breakouts on my back. I like to wash my face when I’m in the shower. I use my Clinique cleansing oil. I do not use makeup, except when I go out and it’s very light. if I used makeup, it’s the first thing I take off when I get home using Micellaire Water by Bioderma and then the cleansing when in the shower.
- After I showered, I use my Pixi Toner. I love this toner because it is perfect for my skin. I have long pores and this toner helps a lot for people with pores like mine. Then I use my Origins High Potency Night-A- Mins Mineral Enriched Cream. Other times I use facial oil. For my body, I use coconut oil. I love coconut oil; it’s my favorite ingredient and remedy for everything! I finally like to put balm on my lips to keep them always soft and moisturized, so I use Balm Dotcom by Glossier
- After having finished my beauty rituals, it’s time to go to bed! I like to sleep in my underwear. I sleep better this way. On winter, I wear my favorite silk pajamas from Victoria Secret or if it is too cold I use my Ralph Lauren nightgown because it is very comfortable and warm. I usually light aromatic candles from Bath and Body because I love candles, especially from that store. Also, when I change the sheets of my bed I like to spray them perfume for a super good sleep. Before sleeping I read one or two chapters of the book I’m reading (I’m always reading!) I accompany the reading with a playlist that I create to sleep. if you are looking for a playlist, I recommend the music of East Forest, which is incredible to sleep. When I am tired enough, I turn off all the lights and sleep happily.
- Something very important and that we always must consider is where we put our cute body to rest. No matter how many rituals before bed we do if we do not feel comfortable in our bed, we will not get a good restful sleep. It is very important to choose our mattress as we choose our shoes, Comfortable and bespoke as if made especially for us. Our mattress will last a long time with us so should be perfect. If you are looking for a mattress or yours needs to be changed, Leesa has very good mattresses for you, I am sure you will find the ideal one.
I hope you liked this post, in an upcoming post I will tell you about my deep beauty routine since I only told you what I do on a normal day. I also want to share with you, my bedtime playlist. What do you say about that?